Join the Square 22 Team
BOOKKEEPER/OFFICE MANAGER - click for details
Looking for part time work that offers some flexibility? Need to get out and use your accounting skills? Then this position is perfect for you!
Square 22, Strongsville’s family-owned premier dining establishment, is currently seeking a part time bookkeeper to handle daily books and monitor cash flow.
The successful candidate will have the following duties:
- Perform all activities related to the accounts payable function including reviewing, coding, and processing payments
- Perform account receivable functions including invoicing, deposits, collections, and revenue recognition
- Conduct reconciliation of accounts on an as needed basis
- Establish and monitor procedures for record keeping
- Filing and remitting taxes and other financial obligations
- Reconcile cash drawers and sales receipts
- Ensure sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational requirements
- POS system monitoring
- Perform and review payroll functions in an accurate and timely manner
- Maintaining physical and electronic files for employees and their documents
- Verify timekeeping records and consult employees about any discrepancies.
- Record payroll data in software system and setup vacation tracking
- New hire reporting
- Maintain and document all payroll records
- 5 years relevant experience working in accounting and bookkeeping
- Proficient skills in QuickBooks, Paylocity and Microsoft Excel
- Experience with POS systems
- Experience with accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and general ledger
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Need Sunday’s off? No problem…we’re closed! Apply today!
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $18.00 – $20.00 per hour
HOST/HOSTESS - click for details
Love people? Understand the importance of making dining patrons feel like a guest in your home? Then you have found the right job!
Square 22, Strongsville’s family-owned premier fine dining establishment, has an open role for a Host/Hostess. You will greet guests as they enter, and show them to their table or waiting area, engage with guests to ensure their meal is as good as it should be, and manage the phones and take reservations. To do well in this role, candidates should be comfortable standing for long periods and managing a very busy shift.
Responsibilities will include:
- Greeting guests as they enter, and putting them on a waiting list as necessary.
- Providing guests with menus and answering any initial questions.
- Seating guests at tables or in waiting areas.
- Assigning guests to tables they prefer, while keeping table rotation in mind so that servers receive the right number of customers.
- Engaging with guests to ensure they’re happy with food and service.
- Responding to complaints and helping to resolve them.
- Answering phone calls, taking reservations and answering questions.
- Sharing knowledge of the menu.
- Helping out with other positions in the restaurant as needed.
- Providing great customer service.
This critical first impression role is what sets the tone for our guests and keeps them wanting to visit again. Are you ready? Then join our team!
FOOD RUNNERS / BUSSERS - click for details
Are you a great multi-tasker? Are you fast on your feet? Think you can learn the hospitality industry? Then we’re looking for YOU!
Square 22, Strongsville’s family-owned, polished casual dining establishment, is currently seeking Bussers and Food Runners. Bussers and Food Runners are important to the running of our restaurant, keeping the dining tables clean and presentable. Our selected candidates will pay close attention to diners and inform the waitstaff when anyone needs something, or attend to it themselves. This pro-active, excellent service keeps our diners coming back!
Ideal candidates will work a variety of lunch and dinner shifts and be flexible to the changing needs of the customer. What can the Busser/Food Runner expect to be responsible for?
- Clearing plates, cups, cutlery and other utensils to the kitchen for washing.
- Sanitizing and wiping down tables
- Restocking cutlery and napkins and ensure that tables are ready for the next customer to use.
- Assisting waitstaff by bringing out food and drink orders and refilling empty water glasses.
- Bussers and Food Runners can anticipate getting a share of patrons’ tips!
This opportunity requires a hard working, fast moving individual with an eye on anticipating the needs of dining guests. The shifts will fly by and are loaded with fun. Come join us!
Must be 16 years or older.
Best part? CLOSED on SUNDAYS!
SERVERS - click for details
Love the hospitality industry? Ready to work again in a secure, fine dining environment? Do you welcome patrons as guests in your own home? Then we need you!
Square 22, Strongsville’s family-owned, premier dining establishment, is currently seeking hard working men and women to support our food service staff. The ideal candidate will be a team player with exceptional customer service skills with experience with food handling in a polished casual environment.
A variety of shifts are available to boost and cover lunch and critical dinner hours. Flexibility and adapting to change will be critical. All servers should expect to help out on food running, opening and closing duties, and sanitizing stations.
- Serves patrons with food and beverages in a positive and friendly manner.
- Provides information to help food and beverage selections.
- Presents ordered choices in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Maintains dining ambiance with an enthusiastic attitude
- Prepares room for dining by clothing tables and setting decorations, condiments, candles, napkins, service plates, and utensils.
- Protects establishment and patrons by adhering to sanitation, safety, and alcoholic beverage control policies.
- Helps patrons select food and beverages by suggesting courses, explaining the chef’s specialties, identifying appropriate beverage pairings, and answering food preparation questions.
- Transmits orders to bar and kitchen by recording patrons’ choices and identifying patrons’ special dietary needs and special requests.
- Keeps kitchen staff informed by noting timing of meal progression
- Serves orders by picking up and delivering patrons’ choices from bar and kitchen and delivering accompaniments and condiments from service stations.
- Responds to additional patron requirements by inquiring of needs and observing dining process.
- Maintains table setting by removing courses as completed, replenishing utensils, refilling water glasses, and being alert to patron spills or other special needs.
- Concludes dining experience by acknowledging choice of restaurant and inviting patrons to return.
- Obtains revenues by totaling charges, issuing bills, accepting payments, delivering bills and payments to host, and returning change or credit card and signature slip to patrons.
We are looking for hard working and honest people who value and support their colleagues. Come join our team!
Pay: From $4.40 per hour
HOURS: CLOSED on SUNDAYS!
LINE COOK - click for details
Like to work behind the scenes? Love to support back-of-house? Is the restaurant industry calling for you? Longing to have Sundays OFF? Look no further!
Square 22, Strongsville’s family-owned premier dining experience, is currently seeking a Line Cook to join our kitchen staff. The successful candidate will be responsible for making all culinary aspects of kitchen prep. This individual will prepare food to the exact specifications of our recipes and needs of the customers. Line Cook duties will involve set up stations for menu, assist the chef with daily tasks, including closing responsibilities and clean-up.
- Set up and stocking stations with all necessary supplies
- Prepare food for service
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
- Answer, report and follow lead chef’s instructions
- Clean up station and take care of leftover food
- Stock inventory appropriately
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- Proven cooking experience, including experience as a Line Chef, Restaurant Cook or Prep Cook is preferred
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Familiar with industry’s best practices
- Strong sense of teamwork
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Culinary school diploma
- Highly dependable: must demonstrate exceptional attendance records
- Experience in polished casual dining environment preferred
Come join a fun and friendly team! Apply today!
Square 22 Restaurant & Bar
13485 Pearl Road – Strongsville – Ohio – 44136
Hours Of Operation
Monday through Thursday 11:30 AM – 9:30 PM
Friday 11:30 AM - 11:00 PM
Saturday 4:00 PM - 11:00 PM
Happy Hour - Monday through Friday 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM